WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Advice-On-Life - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Advice-On-Life > Topics

Subject: Is there a purpose to life?
Replies: 7 Views: 982

unquiet1 10.12.10 - 12:59am
Sooner or later, nearly everybody wonders wot the purpose of life is. Is it to work hard to improve our living conditions, to provide for our families, to die after perhaps 70 or 80yrs and then to be nonexistence forever?

One young person who felt this way said there is no other purpose in life than ''to live, to have children, to be happy and then to die.'' But is that true? And does death end it all? *

unquiet1 10.12.10 - 01:04am
Many doubt that life has a purpose when they see that the living conditions have become more difficult. Throughout the world more than a billion ppl are seriously ill or malnourished, resulting in the death of some 10million children in Africa alone!
Everywhere there is a rise in crime, especially violent crime. The breakdown of the family, drug abuse, AIDS, s*xually transmitted diseases, and other negative factors are also making life more difficult..
And world leaders have not been able to provide solutions for the many problems plaguing the human family. So its understandable why ppl ask, wot is the purpose of life? *

unquiet1 10.12.10 - 01:08am
Wot they say

Confucian scholar Tu Wei-Ming said: ''the ultimate meaning of life is found in our own human existence.'' According to this view humans would continue to be born, struggle for existence, and die. There is little hope in such an outlook. And is it even true?

Evolutionary scientist Stephen Jay Gould noted: ''we may 'yearn' for a higher answer- but none exists.'' For such evolutionists, life is a struggle for survival of the fittest, death ending it all. There is no hope in that view either. And again, is it true?

unquiet1 10.12.10 - 01:09am
Many religious leaders say that the purpose of life is to lead a good existence so that at death a persons soul can go to heaven and spend eternity there. The alternative offered for bad ppl is eternal torment in hellfire. Yet according to this belief, on earth there would continue to be more of the same unsatisfactory existence that has prevailed throughout history. But if Gods purpose was to have ppl live in heaven like angels... why did he not create them that way to begin with, as he did with angels?

unquiet1 10.12.10 - 01:09am
Even clergymen have difficulty with such views Dr W.R Inge, a former dean of St. Pauls Cathedral in London , once said: all my life I have struggled to find the purpose of living I have tried to answer 3 problems which always seemed to me to be fundamental: the problem of eternity; the problem of human personality; and the problem of evil. I have failed. I have solved non of them''

Since human philosophies and religions have not satisfactorily explained wot the purpose of life is where can we go to find out wot it is? *

unquiet1 10.12.10 - 01:11am
Who can tell us?

Who can tell us wot the purpose of life really is? ... well if you were to visit a machine designer and you saw him working on a complicated piece of machinery that you did not recognize, how could you find out wot the machine is for? The best way would be to ask the designer.

unquiet1 15.12.10 - 02:07pm
Wot about the magnificent design we see all around us on earth such as the living things down to the smallest living cell? Even much smaller molecules and atoms inside the cell are wonderfully designed and orderly. Wot about the marvelously designed human mind? The design of the solar system, our milky way galaxy and universe? These awesome things could not have just happened by chance. The required a Designer. Surely he could tell us why he designed such things.

The concept of a great designer, a Supreme Being - God - should be very important to us. If we were made by a Creator, then surely he must have a reason, a purpose in creating us. If we were created to have a purpose in life then there is a reason to hope that things will be better for us in the future. Other wise we just live and die without hope so it is very important that we find out Gods purpose for us. Then we can choose whether we want to live in harmony with it or not. I will continue in a new topic, Life Has A Grand Purpose *

rock_r 17.03.11 - 11:52pm
I like

* Advice-On-Life Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Advice-On-Life

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search