WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Advice-On-Life - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Advice-On-Life > Topics

Subject: Life Has A Grand Purpose
Replies: 11 Views: 1067

unquiet1 10.12.10 - 01:16am
The way the earth and its living things were made shows that their Creator is a God of love who really cares. And his Word, the Bible shows that he cares; it gives us the ultimate answers regarding the questions: why are we on earth? And, where we are going?

We need to search the bible for those answers. Gods Word says: ''if you search for him, he will let himself be found by you. But if you leave him he will leave you.'' ( 2 Chronicles 15:12) so then, wot does the search of Gods Word reveal about his purpose for us?

unquiet1 10.12.10 - 01:20am
Why God Created Humans

The bible shows that God prepared the earth especially with humans in mind. Isaiah 45:18 says regarding the earth that God ''did not create it simply for nothing (but) formed it even to be inhabited.'' And he provided the earth with everything that ppl would need, not just to exist but to enjoy life to the full. (Genesis chapters 1 and 2)

In his Word, god tells of creating the first humans Adam and Eve, and reveals wot he had in mind for the human family. He said: ''let us make a man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is upon the earth'' (Genesis 1:26) humans were to have oversight of ''all the earth'' and its animal creation.

unquiet1 10.12.10 - 01:28am
God made a large parklike garden in an area called Eden, located in the Middle East. Then he ''proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden of Eden to cultivate it and take care of it''
It was a paradise that contained all that the first humans would need to eat. And it included ''every tree desirable to ones sight and good for food,'' as well as vegetation and the many interesting kinds of animal life. (Genesis 2:7-15)

unquiet1 12.12.10 - 11:23pm
The bodies of the first humans were created perfect, so they would not get sick, grow old or die. They were also endowed with other qualities, such as that of free choice. The way they were made is explained in Genesis 1:27: ''God proceeded to create the man in his image; in God's image he created him; male and female he created them.'' *

unquiet1 12.12.10 - 11:24pm
Since we are created in Gods image, we were given not only physical and mental attributes but also moral and spiritual aspects, and these must be satisfied if we are to be truly happy.
God would provide the means of filling those needs as well as the need for food, water and air. As Jesus said, ''man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovahs mouth.'' (Matthew 4:4)

in addition, God gave a wonderful mandate to the first pair while they were in Eden: ''be fruitful and become many and fill the earth.'' (Genesis 1:28) so they would be able to reproduce and bring forth perfect children. And as the human population increased, they would have the delightful work of expanding the boundaries of the original parklike, paradise area of Eden. Ultimately, the entire earth would develop into a paradise, inhabited by perfect, happy ppl who could live forever. The bible tells us that after setting all this in motion, ''God saw everything he had made and, look! It was very good,'' (Genesis 1:31 see also Psalm 118:17)

unquiet1 12.12.10 - 11:25pm
it is evident that humans were to use the subdued earth for their benefit. But this was to be done in a responsible way. Humans were to be respectful stewards of the earth, not the despoilers of it. The destruction of the earth that we witness today is against Gods will, and those who share in it are going contrary to the purpose of life on earth. They will have to pay the penalty for that for the Bible says that God will ''bring those to ruin those ruining the earth.'' (Revelation 11:18) *

unquiet1 12.12.10 - 11:26pm
It Is Still Gods Purpose (Satan has not won! God has not been defeated. He will still have his purpose fulfilled)

From the beginning it was Gods purpose for the human family to dwell on the earth forever in a paradise. Satan came to try spoil Gods purpose. It is still his purpose! Without fail, that purpose will be fulfilled. In Isaiah 14:24 the Bible says: ''Jehovah of armies has sworn, saying: 'Surely just as I have figured, so it must occur; and just as I have counseled, that is what will come true.''' ''I have even spoken it; I shall also bring it in; I have formed it I shall also do it.'' (Isaiah 46:11)

unquiet1 12.12.10 - 11:27pm
Jesus also spoke about Gods purpose to restore a paradise on earth when he told a certain man who wanted hope for the future: ''you will be with me in Paradise.'' (Luke 23:43) the apostle Peter too spoke of the coming new world when he foretold: ''there are new heavens(a new governmental arrangement ruling from heaven) and a new earth(a new earthly society) that we are awaiting according to Gods promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell'' (2 Peter 3:13) *

unquiet1 12.12.10 - 11:29pm
The Psalmist David also wrote about the incoming new world and how long it would endure. He foretold: ''the righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it'' (Psalm 37:29) that is why Jesus promised: ''happy are the mild tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.'' (Matthew 5:5) *

unquiet1 12.12.10 - 11:30pm
Wot a grand prospect that is! Living forever in a perfect earth without any wickedness, crime, sickness sorrow and pain! In the last book of the Bible, Gods prophetic Word summarises this grand purpose by declaring: '' (God) will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.'' It adds: ''and the One seated on the throne said: 'Look! I am making all things new.' also he says, 'write because these words are faithful and true''' (Revelation 21:4, 5) *

unquiet1 12.12.10 - 11:30pm
Yes, God has a grand purpose in mind. It will be a new world of righteousness, an eternal paradise, foretold by the One who can and will do wot he promises, for his ''words are faithful and true.'' *

unquiet1 29.03.11 - 10:40pm
You might ask if God purposed that perfect ppl live happily on earth forever in paradise conditions why is there no paradise now? Why, instead, has mankind experienced so many centuries of suffering and injustice?
Please follow the topic called Y so Much Suffering&Injustice? in my other group called HelpUnderstanding

* Advice-On-Life Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Advice-On-Life

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search